Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What I Found in My Lecture Notes Today

Because it is revision time, and revision time is the only time where you - well, technically I - ever carefully scrutinize the words on the sheet of paper handed to you during the lecture.
Random snippets I've found amusing:
Symptoms include tremors, blindness, deafness, paralysis, anaesthesias or virtually anything.

Cardiac tamponade: Patient will exhibit signs and symptoms of cardiac tamponade. Treat accordingly.

How to diagnose a jerk?
More to come if I'm still slogging through one year and 6 rotations worth of notes =.=

1 comment:

rudgeno1 said...

Having initially been brought to your facebook profile by that piblokto illness, I have discovered this blog and just had a marathon read through them.

Fascinating stuff, and your early post on "why medicine" made me think to myself of how we are told to remember why we chose our paths in life to provide motivation.

After a rather dire OSCE performance and with dreaded IMS and CLS to come, I fear for my ability to cruise through without motivation and desire anymore. I've decided that if I graduate, I'm going to do a law conversion. It would solve those money issues you mentioned in another post and as bad as it sounds, I think I'd enjoy it more.

Keep up the blogging!