Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So you had a bad day

Woke up rather reluctantly this morning, went to the car, and discovered that some bird(s) had done some rather amazing diarrhoea all over it - it must've been some really ill bird(s). Never mind that the car is parked indoors.

Drove to GPLand, which is usually about 15 - 20 minutes away, but took a bit longer than expected because of traffic, but managed to reach GPLand on time, only thing that parking at the practice was full so I had to find some random residential road and park up there, all the while worrying about people breaking into the car because it was a very dodgy area.

I hate being in GPLand, so that's already bad enough. GP Tutor didn't look to happy when I said that I had to leave early because I had to go see my supervisor at 3pm. Then she sent us out on a home visit equipped with just the address of this person.

I find that all GPs that I've been attached to expect us to have extensive knowledge of the surrounding area down to every random lane, despite the fact that we do not live anywhere near there. Thank god for Google map.

Anyways fast forward to rushing off to meet my supervisor for 3pm. Luckily we managed to make it in time because he just finished surgery. He told us to wait while he took a quick break, so we waited. And waited. And after an hour decided that perhaps we shouldn't really be waiting anymore. Went off to find him only to discover that he went home. Nice.

Then it took me 50 minutes to get back home because traffic was just crazy.

I wonder if this counts as a bad day?

Anyways, digressing a bit (I tend to this a lot), on my 50 minute journey home down a straight stretch of road I saw 6 ambulances and 2 police cars.

A & E seems to be very busy this week.

No comments: