Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Square Root of Three

I watched Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay just now. Hilarious shit.

I really liked the poem that Kumar recites in the movie, because it's so geeky and I'm a nerd like that. So here you go, revel in arithmetic geekiness in all its glory:

The Square Root of Three by David Feinberg

I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed

4 comments:

El Chrissy said...

I saw that movie too haha and had always wondered why the hell kumar was such an ass. But because he recited that poem I forgive him!

Chee said...

Kutner.. I mean Kumar is awesome! haha I love that poem

The Poor Medic said...

Did you know that both harold and kumar appeared on House? Harold was the fetish korean guy and kumar was, well, Kutner.

saru-kun said...

the girl forgave him too... this must be some powderful shit. mmmm....